giovedì 7 maggio 2009

Panico e solo panico, altro che sub-prime

L' unica credibile causa della crisi finanziaria per Scott Sumner:

In contrast, I believe that the depression was caused by events that took place in September and October, when the markets actually crashed. Which depression? All of them—1929, 1937, 2008, etc. And as far as I know I am the only economist who believes that all of these depressions were caused by events that occurred in those two fateful months... have strongly argued that only the first, very mild part of the crisis was attributable to the sub-prime fiasco.

A seguire un fulmine su chi professoreggia contro l' efficienza dei mercati finanziari:

"... At some point the economist will make an assertion that seems to me to be in conflict with the EMH. And after that point I have trouble taking anything they say seriously. I keep thinking “If you’re so smart . . . . The Fed set interest rates too low... Regulators let banks make excessively risky loans (or if you’re a right winger–encouraged them to make risky loans.)... Americans didn’t save enough...Why couldn’t anyone using your model have gotten rich? ..."